Saturday, August 24, 2013

BIG. Part 16.

After I had a wig on my head, it was time to fast track to the wedding.  There was only a few months until the Big Day, and I had a ton of stuff left to do, after being sick and hospitalized and then handicapped at home for 4 months.  Although I had a ton of doctors appointments and physical therapy all the time, the time away from work allowed me to get a lot of the little details done.  I don't know how I would've ever planned that wedding without that time off of work.  Before I got sick, between working full-time, extra shifts, and being on night shift, I was constantly either working, sleeping, or trying to sleep.  That was one blessing of being on medical leave.

 During those few months before the wedding, things were rough financially.  Jon was doing amazing at work, THANK GOD, and was able to help me a lot, as well as pay for a lot of things we needed for the wedding.  Jon got a HUGE promotion at work during the first few months of my recovery, which was, I believe, a gift from God.  He giveth and he taketh away.  Although I felt like so many things had been taken away, God was also giving me everything I needed to get through this tragedy.  Although I had several million dollars in medical bills and a wedding to plan, I tried not to worry about money and how we would pay for things.  I prayed that God would provide....and He did.  He provided me with a fiancé who was now making good money and had been frugal for his whole life....so he had money saved to pay for wedding things, the honeymoon, and a lot of my bills.  He paid for everything in cash, so that we wouldn't add any more financial stress to ourselves after we got married.  God also provided me with parents that were able to support me financially with basically anything I needed, including my bills, rent, and paying for most of the wedding.  He provided me with a dad, who as an attorney, was able to find us the one of the best worker's compensation lawyers in Chicago.  He provided me with a mom who through the help of her sister, my Aunt Sue, was able to get my disability  set-up, new insurance, and financial assistance from the hospital.  Things I would've never been able to do on my own.  God set it up so perfectly.  Because if He brings you to it.....HE WILL BRING YOU THROUGH IT.  He really will.  Like I've said before, you have to do your part.  You have to work hard, do what is right and what you need to do (for me, it was working hard in physical therapy, keeping on top of all paperwork and phone calls for doctors and disability, and planning the wedding).  But in hard times, in tragedies, if you do your part, and then pray for God to provide you with the means to get through it, He will GET YOU THROUGH IT.

I have found that the only way to get through a BIG, is to place your life in the hands of our BIG God.

I was working my butt off in physical therapy so that I could ditch the walker for the wedding.  If you read my post about walking down the aisle in my wedding, you'll remember that for two weeks before the wedding, I refused to use the walker.  I was falling all over the place and in a lot of pain, but my goal from the beginning was to be able to walk down the aisle on my wedding day.  You'll read about my wedding next....

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy. I found your blog somehow. I read the whole thing. I love how Jesus is workin in your life and you're glorifying him through it all. We serve a gracious lord. Amen!

    ReplyDelete