Friday, March 7, 2014

Lemons!

As winter finally leaves us and we start to head into spring, one of the most exciting things for me is to switch out my home and body scents from wintery smells to spring/summer smells.  Each year is a little different.  I always keep my classics around-- Anthropologie candles, Philosophy brand lotions, and my signature scent- Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue.

However, I get rid of my vanilla/cinnamon/apple wall plugins and food smelling candles and vanilla lotions and replace them with something spring/summery.  Last year, I was obsessed with gardenia and lilac...the year before that, it was clean laundry scents.

And this year.... it is lemon.

Nothing reminds me of spring like lemon.  It just smells so fresh and clean.  And this year, I have found some amazing lemon products that I am OBSESSED with.  It is all lemon, all the time around here.


This Michael Todd facial toner is fantastic.  I use my clairsonic daily and this toner afterwards.  Finish it off with La Mer moisturizer, and my skin looks and feels amazing.  This toner makes your face smell soo good.  My husband is constantly kissing me on the forehead, and this makes him happy.  Tip- husbands love when your face and hair smell good....trust me. :)


THIS CANDLE.  It is my new favorite!! And cheap...only $12 at Target.  I bought this candle one day when I needed a new candle but didn't have time to get to Anthropologie.  I was amazed at how fantastic it smelled when I burned it.  It smells clean, fresh, and ADDICTING!  It's one of those candles that you can't wait to light when you get home b/c it changes the whole mood of the house.  I am OBSESSED with this.  I'm gonna have to stock up and buy a bunch soon because I have a feeling it will be seasonal.  Go buy it...you'll thank me!

My favorite hand soap for the bathroom.  This stuff smells so good, it will leave you smelling your hands for hours afterwards.  Sometimes I wash my face with it because it smells so good and I want my face to smell like it too. :)  Also, it comes in this mason jar container that is so cute on the bathroom sink.  This picture doesn't do it justice- it looks much more like a mason jar in person.  Find this at Bath & Body Works.

Speaking of Bath and Body Works, I LOVE this wall plug-in from there.  It's a limoncello scent, so it's more of a foodie lemon than a clean lemon.  It smells SO YUMMY.  It makes me crave some lemon gelato.

THE BEST FOR LAST.  This lotion is my all-time favorite new lotion.  I am dying over it!  It smells amazing.  Lemony, clean, and just again, addictive.  I find myself layering it on all day just because I want to smell it again and again.  It makes your skin sooo soft.  Fresh has a few different scents, but this  Sugar Lemon is the very best.  It also comes in a perfume (bought it, pictured below), bar soap, sugar scrub, and body wash.  They are all great.  The perfume isn't overpowering...just clean and pretty.  It's nice to have a few different perfumes to switch up my scent and this one is perfect.  Like I said before, Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue is my signature scent.  I wear it probably 4 or 5 out of 7 days.  But those other 2 or 3 days, I switch it up and wear something different.  I am so happy to add this scent to my collection.  Yes, I wear perfume everyday.  Even to the gym.  Call me crazy, but it just makes me happy.  And I constantly get told that I smell good, so I'm gonna keep doing it.  Even if I don't shower one day, I still wear lotion and perfume.  No one will know the difference on those off-shower days :)  I got this lotion and perfume at Sephora, but Nordstrom has it too.  Don't take my word for it, go try it out yourself.  You'll be lemony and ready for spring!


Anyways, I hope I've inspired you to bring some lemon into your life like me this spring.  hahaha.... but seriously... concerning these products and all the others I talk about... I am not paid to advertise any of this.  Some blogs advertise products and then get paid for it.... I do NOT do that.  This is not a for-profit blog.  This blog is to document my life, family stuff, and illness...it's not my job.  I just want to make that clear, because I feel like I can never really trust those kind of blogs because you don't ever know if they're reviewing stuff b/c they like it, or reviewing it because they're getting paid to.  I honestly just like passing along good product info to others.  It's like when I see a great movie or tv show or read a good book.... I can't wait to tell others to see it and then I want to talk about how I loved it and what was great about it.  I just enjoy doing that.... giving reviews on stuff so others try it and end up loving it as much as me.  I think the next "fun" post I'm gonna do is going to be about perfumes.  I have like 10 different perfumes and I'm always adding to the collection.  I love having a signature scent, and I'm glad that I've found mine...but I also love switching it up.  I'll tell you guys about which ones i have and love.  Preview- I just bought 3 new perfumes for Spring. (Don't worry, I buy those $15 small sizes that will last me all year...if I'm still obsessed after the season, then I'll purchase a full bottle.  The only large bottle perfume I have right now is my signature scent and a classic Burberry.  But we'll get into all that next time.  

One more thing.... still working on Part 2 of Surgeries 8&9.  That should be coming up this week as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment