Tuesday, April 1, 2014

What We're Up To...

Working on my recovery from surgeries 8 & 9 post and my goal is to get that up this week, and I've also started compiling pictures for my Caleb post.

Yes....Our lives changed DRASTICALLY last week.  My brother and sister-in-law gave birth to their first baby, who is the first baby born in the Bahr family, immediate and extended.  First grandchild, first great-grandchild, first great-nephew, first second-cousin, first nephew!



He is our world!!!  Seriously, I've only been apart from him one day since he was born a week ago, and I missed him terribly.  Jon and I went from talking about a baby to a very intense baby fever, very quickly.  :)  

Sorry I'm a little slow with posting lately.....We've been a little busy around here....


  • Obsessively taking pictures of the love of our life, Caleb Robert Bahr.



  • Planning our anniversarymoon.



  • Enjoying the first day of Spring, which for me means outdoor running, and for Jon means obsessively golfing.



  • Going on our first date night post-surgeries 8 & 9.  Mind you, that date night included sweatpants, ball caps, and Hooters for March Madness.  But nonetheless, we drove to an actual restaurant, and ate INSIDE THE BUILDING.  You'll see when you read the recovery post, these last 2 surgeries were hell and recovery was even worse.  As a result, there's been a lot of Subway and bowls of cereal being eaten in the Nilles household since January.



  • Speaking of which, I went to the grocery store last week for the first time since surgery.  Yeah we both lost about 10 pounds and were starving. I kid.  but really, that's how long it took my body to be able to get through such a task.  It was rough though... I was incredibly sore afterwards and literally came home, laid on the couch in a ball and cried to Jon.  Eventually he was able to massage me out of my ball and I felt a little better with some pain medicine and the massage.  Good husband.

  • And our best and biggest news besides baby Caleb...  Jon got a huge promotion to one of the highest positions in the company last week.  I am such a PROUD WIFE!!  He has just killed it over there, moving up in the company at lightning speed, despite me getting sick and him having to miss several chunks of work because of my hospitalizations.  I am endlessly amazed by him.

  • And finally, we're planning a few trips in the next few months, so we're gonna be jet-setters this Spring.  Besides our one-year anniversarymoon, we're going to Dallas in May for my cousin's wedding, and then entire Bahr family is going on a cruise to Bermuda in June.  Oh my gosh, stick me in a suitcase and sent me there now.  I cannot wait!  It will be Jon's first cruise, and I can't wait for him to see what a Celebrity cruise is like.  Celebrity is the only cruise line my family uses (Uncle Rick and Nick who go on 4-6 cruises a year and know everything about them have dubbed Celebrity the very best...and they are).  It will be fun to be in such a beautiful place with the hubs, and also, it will be great to be with my Bahr family, who I adore.  My cousin Bryan will be there who is one of my best friends and we always have a blast together on family trips.  Every year when we were growing up, our parents took our families on vacation together and those trips are my favorite memories of childhood.  Needless to say, we are excited to be world travelers over the next few months!
Hope everyone is having a great week, and I'll put out an email and Facebook share when I've gotten the next BIG up and the Caleb post.  


No comments:

Post a Comment