Saturday, February 7, 2015

25 Things!

25 Things!

I was looking at Facebook today and found an old, old post from like 2008-- basically people wrote out 25 interesting things about themselves that their friends may or may not know.  Everyone was doing them and I found mine and it was funny to read back... I can't believe how much my life has evolved since then!  So, I thought it might be fun to blog a revised list.  Here are my 25 things.

1. I just gave birth to my first child, 8 weeks ago, a boy... Colton Mack Nilles (Cole).  He is my life!  I am just obsessed with my little one.
2. Cole was a miracle baby- I was told I'd never get pregnant or carry a pregnancy and 3 months later, without trying or help (actually we were preventing), God shocked me with a pregnancy.  Things were touch and go the entire pregnancy, but God followed through and gave us our blessing, healthy and stunningly gorgeous. 3 weeks early but perfect!
3. I am obsessed with taking pictures of Cole and posting them on Facebook. I love for my family near and far to be able to see him grow and change. And I'm just so proud of him, I love to show him off! :)
4. I should probably find other things to talk about besides Cole. :)
5. I married my high school sweetheart Jon on May 26, 2013.  He's an amazing husband and knocks my socks off as a daddy. There is nothing better than watching my husband love on my son.
6. On November 12, 2012, I had a near death experience when I contracted Necrotizing Fasciitis in my leg, and spread to my abdomen. Nec fasc is otherwise known as the flesh-eating bacteria. I was given a 5% survival chance, and I survived!
7. I was hospitalized for 2 months with the nec fasc and in a coma for 5 weeks. I underwent 10 total surgeries to remove the infection and skin grafts. Most of these surgeries were abdominal, which is why   the doctors told me it would be impossible to conceive. They were wrong :)
8. I am a die-hard marathon runner. I've run 16 marathons and 12 half marathons. My favorite was Big Sur in California.. it was mostly up a mountain, but so stunning it was worth the pain.
9. I am somewhat addicted to reality television.
10. But I am more addicted to diet coke.
11. I am a labor & delivery nurse and love my job, but for the past 2 years, my job has been recovering from necrotizing fasciitis, getting through a very difficult pregnancy, and taking care of a newborn. Will be hopefully returning to work in another month or two.  Right now, my hubby and I can't imagine handing him off to anyone. Luckily, my hub has a great job and has been able to support us.
12. My family is beyond amazing. My parents are better than yours. Period.
13. My beagle Mady made me a mom. I love her so much it hurts sometimes. She's the best dog ever and when I'm not posting pictures of Cole, I'm posting pictures of Mady. She is very protective of her baby brother, but isn't quite ready to show her affection. We can't wait for the day they can play together.
14. I love interior design, style, and fashion, although most of my ideas come from pinterest. I don't know what I'm doing, but I love looking at pretty homes and pretty fashions.
15. Kauai, Hawaii is my favorite place on earth. It's literally the closest thing I can imagine to Heaven. I cannot wait to go back!
16. Speaking of Hawaii, I ran a marathon there, too.
17. I am an obsessive clean freak. I clean and clean and clean the house... and even more since the baby was born. Nothing is better than the smell and peace of a clean house.
18. I LOVE eating snow. No, really.  Every hour or two, I fill a cup up with fresh snow and eat it with a spoon. It is so weird but I LOVE it. What am I gonna do when it melts??
19. I have a very strong sense of smell, and am obsessed with smells... my favorite smell is the wood aisle at Home Depot or Menards. One day, I strapped the baby on me and walked the aisles for over an hour, just smelling the wood. Mmmmm... I might just go do that again when i'm done with this list.
20. I finally know what people are talking about when they say being a mom is the very best thing ever and a love like you've never known, but also the hardest thing ever.  It is just as hard as it is amazing. And it is so worth it.
21. Alright this list is taking a long time. Maybe I should've done 20 things.
22. If I could be anything I wanted, I'd probably be a dancer. I danced as a child, but stopped at 12 and I wish I hadn't. My very favorite show is So You Think You Can Dance.  Dance just speaks to me.
23. I am a horrible sleeper. Borderline insomniac.
24. Some people say college was the best time of their life-- for me, it was high school. I loved my friends, sports, just everything. I miss it so much.
25. Despite loving our life in Naperville, I'm still trying to get my husband to move us to Hawaii. I'm sure my family would follow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment