Thursday, December 29, 2011

I have a niece!!

Meet Anderson Grace Nilles!  born 12-27-11, 5lbs-6oz.

We are so excited to welcome our first niece into the world.  To be honest, I was scared that it wasn't possible for Nilles men to create Nilles girls, seeing as until now, the only Nilles women are those who are married to Nilles men.  Anderson was a surprise, no one knew if she was going to be a boy or girl....except the ultrasound tech of course.  I have to admit, though...I knew this baby was a girl.  I don't know what it is, but I am always able to guess the sex of a baby....and I've never once guessed wrong.  I don't know what it is.  It's not the shape of mom's belly, or the heartbeat, or any other wives tale.  It's just a feeling I get.... and I am NOT a believer in psychics or any other crazy thing like that.  

Anyways, I'm already having a blast shopping for this girl.  I got her a beautiful pink embroidered blanket from pottery barn that has her name and birthday (the same blanket I got Max when he was born that he still carries around).... and some 1 month, 2 month, 3 month, etc. stickers to put on onesies that she can wear on each of these birthdays and take a picture in.  My best friend does this with her baby boy, and they make for AWESOME scrapbook pictures.  

 I also got Max something for being the big brother....and I think I might like his present more than Andie's.  I got him a sleeping bag from restoration hardware baby with his name embroidered on it.  Look at this!!! 

Of course, his says "Maxwell" instead of jacob.  It is soo soft, and I am so excited to surprise him with it.  I love that little guy and I can't wait to see what he's like with his baby sister.  Alright picture time.  More to come after I see her in person this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment