Sunday, November 13, 2011

Bad day.

Bad day.  It started last night.  J& I were supposed to meet for a movie in Joliet at 11:30pm.  He was driving in from Decatur to Joliet b/c he was going to the Bears game the next morning (this morning).  So since I was off, we figured we'd meet in the middle and have a late date night in J-town.

I go out to my car at 11 p.m. to leave for Joliet and realize my car is gone.  I look everywhere...then I realize it.  My parking sticker has probably fallen off my window in the cold and now my car has been towed from the parking lot.  Sure enough, I call the towing place and my car is there.  I call J and break the bad news that not only is my car gone, but our date night is ruined.  He sweetly agrees to drive up to my house, we can watch a movie at home, and then he'll take me to the towing place in the morning to get my car on his way to the Bears game.  Great plan.

This morning we get up early and head over to the towing place.  We are of course running a little late and get lost on the way there.  J drops me off and as I'm getting out of the car I say "hey babe wait here for a min so I can make sure my car is here."  "No, no I gotta go.  I'm already late.  Just call me if there's an emergency..."  "okay..."   I go inside and end up having to wait 15 minutes before the girl even comes out...she processes my paperwork, gives me the $172.50 bill, and asks for my license.  It's then that I remember that my license is sitting at home, in my gym bag.  "Um... I don't have it.  Can I show you my insurance card or something?"  "No, ma'am we can't release the car to you without your license."  So I call J back who is now 30 min away....too far away to turn around and bail me out of this one.  After some tears and arguing with the lady, I end up having to borrow the phone book to call a cab.  Fast forward 30 min wait for the cab.  15 minute cab ride back to my house to pick up the license.  15 min cab ride BACK to the towing place.  Hand the guy $40 for the cab ride.  FINALLY 2 hours later and $210 poorer, I get my stupid car.

Worst of all, I own a parking sticker....in fact, I pay way too much for said parking sticker every month.  It has simply (as I thought) fallen off because of the cold.  Why didn't your condo association give you a warning? you may ask.  Are they gonna pay for the towing since you DO have a sticker?  The answer is, nope.  Why would they want to take care of their tenant?

No comments:

Post a Comment