Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Wedding planning.

Feeling pretty good after a weekend of wedding planning.  Sunday, I went to a wedding expo with my sisters & mom.  We had a blast.  I started out the day by formally asking my sister to be my MOH and my sister-in-law to be a bridesmaid.  (gave them bracelets that were handmade from Etsy with their initials...super cute.  I hand-made little boxes for them to go in that had cute little poems I found/wrote asking them to be my MOH/bridesmaid).  


We had a blast at the expo.  I didn't really go with the mindset of looking for vendors.  I really just wanted to enter for all the free stuff.  I have a friend who won her honeymoon at one of those expos.  Either way, we had a great time getting in the wedding mood and gathering all the free stuff, including three gorgeous wedding bouquets that some florists were giving away at the end of the show since they were going to go to waste anyways.


Monday, J& I went with my parents to see the Hyatt Lodge in the McDonalds Corporate Building in Oakbrook....absolutely gorgeous.  I was in love as soon as I saw the room.  It feels like you're in a treehouse.  Floor to ceiling windows around 3/4 of the room and all you see is trees & lake.  There's also a big fireplace in there and a huge outdoor terrace where your guests can hangout (its also where you can have your cocktail hour).  Its so private and SO beautiful.  We're going to go back on Friday when there's an actual wedding going on so we can see what it looks like set up.  They are also doing a complete renovation of the facility, so everything will be brand new in a few months which makes it even more appealing.  We still have several other venues to look at before we make a decision, but this place is at the top of my list for now.


Hyatt Lodge

1 comment:

  1. Looks gorgeous! Just an idea. Sometimes if you can book within 2011, they will give you the 2011 prices. They up the prices every year, but if you can lock in the lower rate before they change them you might be able to save a pretty penny :) Excited to hear about the rest of your planning!

    ReplyDelete