Sunday, November 13, 2011

The first 6 miles....

Welcome to my blog.... I should tell you that this isn't my first blog.  I have unsuccessfully tried to start 3 or 4 various blogs over the last 5 years and have failed miserably.  I love to write and I love to tell stories-- however, I've found that I'm much better at reading these things than writing them.  My lack of creativity paired with the fact that I'm a full-time night L&D nurse, a mom to a crazy beagle pup named *M, a dedicated (slightly obsessive) marathon runner, and a fiance to a wonderful man named *J  have contributed to the demise of these various blogs.  It's just like the first 6 miles in a marathon.  You're terrified to start and it takes a few miles before you really get kicked in and feeling comfortable.  Bear with me-- we'll see how this goes.  My goal is to vent my frustration, document my memories, & share the stories that could only happen to me.  I have a number of friends/family members who constantly want to hear stories about L&D and, of course, being the HIPPA-abiding nurse I am, I can never tell names or "real" details, so I do the best I can "re-creating" these stories.  Maybe someday I'll write a book.  Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment