Saturday, June 14, 2014

13 weeks and 12 miles!!!

13 weeks today!

I celebrated by running 12 miles early this morning.... my longest run to date since recovery.  It is amazing what a continuous IV of zofran can do!!

I feel alot better with this med.  It's a pain carrying around the pump, but I detach it when I'm running or showering and then just restart it when I'm done and give myself a bolus before and after.  The first night it was placed, I ran and I had to stop twice to puke.  Detaching it made me immediately sick.  But the Dr. said that I could detach it and bolus it before and after if I wanted to run, and see how that works.  Technically I could leave it attached to me while I'm running, but honestly, it's so much easier to just take it off for that time.  Plus, they've upped the dose twice since they started it, and I think that's really helping too.

I'm still throwing up, but I only threw up ONCE yesterday.... YAY!!!

Now, let's hope we're almost past this stage so I can get the IV out.  I think it will probably be at least a few more weeks, but I'm praying it's out by the time we go to Bermuda.... we leave in 2 weeks!!

Last night, we celebrated Jon's first "father's day" by going to the Belly Factory to see the baby on ultrasound.  It's a really cute and cool place that does ultrasounds at any time.  Of course, this isn't covered by insurance, so it isn't cheap, but it's nice to be able to go and see the peanut whenever we want.  Baby was soooo cute again.  Legs were straight up in the air again.  Must've been stretching after a kicking session.  Jon got to see the baby moving alot and punching his/her arms.  Soo sweet.  Heart rate was 164.... still in the girl zone, but again, none of that stuff really matters... this little could be a boy or girl.  And we find out this week!!!!  YAY!!

Please continue to pray for a healthy, healthy, healthy, baby.  thank you!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! I spent some time this morning catching up on your pregnancy posts-- you are a trooper! I think I'd go nuts if I was having that many issues with n/v. Only 8 weeks here (haven't shared it publicly yet!) and so thankful to just be dealing with the all day nausea. I'd love to leave my 2 cents on your post full of questions once I get a few minutes to organize my thoughts! Congrats again! (and I totally recommend waiting for a gender surprise! ;))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my goodness, congratulations! We ended up finding out it's a boy. This baby itself was such an absolute shock and miracle that I was okay with getting the gender surprise a little early. So happy for you guys!!

      Delete
    2. A BOY!!!! YAAAAAY!!!! He's going to be so cute. :) I just know it.

      Delete
    3. haha Renata! I was scared at first.... I had so many wives' tales signs that it was a girl and I was totally mentally prepared for that. I was like what?? boy?? Now I'm really excited.

      Delete
  2. Congrats to you! Your in my Prayers! May God touch you and take the nausea and vomitting away! Praying for a safe and healthy delivery! May God bless! Jamie Pennnington

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jamie! Thanks for all of your prayers and for always being such a sweet support. God bless!

      Delete