Thursday, June 12, 2014

9+2

9 weeks 2 days today.

I have to say, this better be the worst part of the pregnancy or I'm not going to survive this thing.  I've been diagnosed with hyperemesis gravidarum, which basically means I puke my guts out all day and all night long, 24/7.  This is not typical morning sickness, people.  Constant nausea and vomiting 6-15 times a day.  It is horrible... I literally am counting the days until the end of the 1st trimester when hopefully things will get better.  I'm on a medication for nausea called Zofran.  I thought it didn't really work, until the day I ran out and puked 30 times while I was trying to get ahold of the office to refill it.  The problem with this med is that is extremely expensive... there are no alternatives and it was originally created as a chemo med to help cancer patients with the nausea and vomiting.  Although I can take it 3 times a day, insurance only covers a very small amount of the med per month and out of pocket it is about $66 for 10 pills.  Insane, right?  But desperate times call for desperate measures.  It's either this or I'm in the hospital on IV fluids and IV nausea meds.

Other than that, I'm doing great.  Very minimal pain on my scars, which is just a freaking blessing from God.  I was initially afraid that my growing belly would put pressure on the scars and cause crazy pain. So far, so good.  I've been overloading on the belly butter and all that, so hopefully God will miraculously stretch my stomach as it needs to for this baby without killing the mama in pain.  We're going to be doing a c-section... labor contractions on all my scarring would not be a good thing and it's just too risky.  It kinda sucks because a c-section recovery is alot worse than a regular recovery, but geez I'm probably better at dealing with surgical pain than any labor pain I'd experience.  This will be surgery #10 in 2 years.  Whoa.  I'm a freaking pro, right?!

J and I are so excited about this baby now... which each week that passes and I do well, we allow ourselves to feel a little more real about it.  We were so skeptical in the beginning, but we're starting to realize we actually (prayerfully) have our first little coming in December.  Working on names.  :)

Our families are beyond excited and supportive and we're hoping to be able to tell our extended family and friends in a few weeks.  Please keep praying for our miracle bean!

No comments:

Post a Comment