Thursday, June 12, 2014

Almost 11 weeks y'all!

10 weeks 5 days today.  Moving right along, and almost done with my first trimester.

 Hyperemesis is worse than ever, even though my zofran dose was doubled before last weekend.

The wedding in Dallas was a blast- besides my constant puking.  I threw up the whole plane ride there, the whole day of the rehearsal, in the bathroom of the mexican restaurant at the rehearsal dinner, the rest of that night in the hotel room.  The next day, Saturday (the day of the wedding), I did okay throughout the day while we were getting hair and makeup done, and then THANK GOD, I made it through the ceremony okay.

Tragedy struck after bridal party announcements at the reception.  Instead of walking over to where the rest of the bridal party was standing to greet the bride and groom, I got introduced, then ran out the door into the bathroom where I proceeded to throw up for the first 20 minutes of dinner.  Eek.

After dinner, I was able to dance and make it through the rest of the reception okay, and actually had an awesome time dancing with my family and cousins and uncles and Jon... that is, until the last hour.  The last hour of the reception was again spent hugging the toilet, and as soon as the reception was over, Jon and I raced back to our hotel room for more, you guessed it, puking!

Despite the constant trips to throw up, we had a great time with my family, went to some amazing restaurants, and had a blast at Christina's wedding.  It was such a cool, unique venue and so much fun.

Cravings this week:  lemonade, grapefruit, and peanut butter toast.  Lemonade makes me violently ill every single time I drink it, but I want it anyway.  I also had my first ice cream craving this week, and then promptly puked it up.

Things that make me sick:  everything, especially the smell of the shower (I know, weird) and most food.  I'm sickest usually in the middle of the night and then in the morning, and then it slows down a little but continues all day.

Running:  I'm still running daily, and still haven't had to slow that down at all.  Running still seems to keep my stomach calm, so I'm gonna keep doing it as long as I can.  Yesterday I took a 2 hour walk, and it felt great.  I think the outside air calms my stomach too.  I started wearing a belly band just for extra support.

Other symptoms:  still exhausted.  Could sleep all day if I let myself.  And very grouchy at times.  haha usually I don't have a mean bone in my body, and no backbone whatsoever.  Not lately.  If someone is rude to me, they get an earful.  It reminds me of my friend Vanessa.  I remember her telling me that when she was pregnant, she had no filter.  She went off on a doctor one night and it was absolutely hilarious.  That is me lately.  Don't mess with the preggo lady.

We told the rest of my dad's side of the family right before the wedding, so everyone knew before the weekend.  Everyone was excited and shocked and thrilled.  It is so great having my sister-in-law Anne who just had my nephew, so she knows everything and is teaching me so much.  She didn't get sick like I do, but she gets the other symptoms and things to expect.  We are so excited to raise our first kids together- Caleb and our baby will only be 9 months apart!  I am 10 months older than my cousin, and we are the best of friends, so I look forward to my kids being close with their cousins too.  The Bahr family is super, super close, and we intend on raising our kiddos together like our parents raised us with our cousins.  I look forward to lots of time spent raising our water babies at my parent's house they are building on Benthaven Island in Lake Conroe.  Their house is basically going to be like a resort when they're done with it, and it will be boating heaven.  Cannot wait to raise our kids on the water and with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment